Monday, June 1, 2009

Observations from the Jays Game

So I was at the Jays game yesterday and had some sweet tickets behind the plate thanks to a good friend of mine and I noticed a few things...

1. Scalpers are annoying - Everytime I go down to a game (much like anyone else that goes) I'm bothered by 5-10 scalpers on the way asking me if I want baseball tickets. A simple no would suffice I know, but it's a lot more fun to just fuck with them. Some examples include:

a) Screaming "LET'S GO BLUE JAYS" (or whatever) in their face.
b) Telling them that you don't like baseball (even better when you're decked out in a jersey and hat).
c) Staring at them while walking by, then after passing them, continue to stare while walking backwards until they look away.

And yes, I actually think this is funny.

2. Screaming at the opposition's fans is fun too.

3. 80% of the Red Sox fans I saw there were HUGE (the fat kind).

4. There were a lot of them, too many in fact.

5. The more expensive the tickets, the more boring the people around you are. Not hard to start a chant or chirp the other team's players in the 500 level or the outfield. You also seem like less of an idiot in doing so.

6. 9.50 for a tall boy??? 6 bucks for PEANUTS???

7. I'm a hypocrite, I bought an Icee for 4.50.

8. Dustin Pedroia is an elf.

9. The Jays love to get blown out when I attend their games.

Anyways, Conan is on in like 15 minutes. I had to stop watching him because of stupid school so I'm pumped. Peace.

No comments: