Friday, April 23, 2010

The Last Hurrah?

So I'm officially done with school...well with classes anyway. Haven't even looked an internship yet but whatever, I didn't graduate high school on time and I don't plan on doing it now either.

It's been an awesome two years at Seneca, but it's been crazy how fast it's gone by.

It seems like just yesterday that we (the first group at least) sat down in Bob Laine's class upstairs and heard his "encouraging" words to us.

I remember Kevin walking in and asking old Bob if this was Radio Broadcasting, with Bob spewing back "What? I don't look like I've been on the radio???"

We had that giant lecture hall class that introduced us to the one and only Jim Craig.

We were taught how to record those annoying tones onto cassette by Professor Redshoes himself.

And we struggled with putting interviews onto the reel to reel (thanks for coming to my rescue about 50 times during that Jim), while shitting our pants over a fake 15 minute radio show that only like 10 people would witness (or maybe that was just me).

I guess we should be proud in being the last group ever to use cassettes and learn how to cut tape?

Anyways, at this point I'm just rambling, so I'll try to wrap this up.

I just wanted to thank you all for making the past two years so much fun. You're all amazing and talented people who will give this industry a long overdue shot in the arm.

And to all the teachers that taught us and helped us along the way, thank you as well.

Good luck to everyone in whatever you end up doing, wherever you end up going.

And please stay in touch.

The last hurrah? Nah, I'd do it again.

No comments: