Monday, May 24, 2010

NHL Playoffs - Stanley Cup Final Prediction



Ahh...finally I can enjoy the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Yes, the Philadelphia Flyers have finally killed that annoying bug that just wouldn't die that is the Montreal Canadiens.

I can finally go back to my regular dislike of all Philadelphia sports teams.

I say "dislike" because "hate" is a very strong word, that I have only reserved for the Montreal Canadiens and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Anyways, the final best of 7 series for Lord Stanley's Mug is finally set.

Your 2010 matchup is between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Philadelphia Flyers.

Now you might think because I previously mentioned my dislike for all things sport from the City of Brotherly Love, that I'll be cheering for the Chicago Blackhawks, but that's not the case.

Because really, I'm not cheering for anyone. As I've mentioned before, my team didn't make it to the post-season.

Instead, I'll be cheering for players, and since the Flyers have these guys:



And the Blackhawks have these guys:



I don't really care who wins.

I just hope it's a good series with some good hockey, and it will be.

That being said, I'll still make a pick.

(2) Chicago vs. (7) Philadelphia

I'm really tempted to go with Philly here, since they're on some crazy run (see Eastern Conference Semi-Finals) but I can't pick against such a balanced and talented team like the Hawks. So...

Prediction: Chicago in 6.
Result: Chicago in 6.

I guess we'll see if Sidney Crosby really did bust that "curse" of touching the Prince of Wales trophy...

UPDATE: Nope.

No comments: