Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blah

So today after taking a quick bike ride to the bank, I noticed how uncharacteristically (this summer at least) nice it was outside. I decided to take a bike ride down the Harbourfront Trail. Now I do this the occasional time and typically stop at the park at the end of Liverpool, but I decided to go farther today because I had the time and wanted to see what the rest of the trail was like. Maybe 15 minutes later, my handlebar starts to get loose but I think nothing of it and ride on. Next thing I know, the handle bar comes out and I nearly nose dive into the concrete. I turn back, already dreading the LONG walk home knowing that I'm going to have to push the thing all the way back. That's when I discovered the front brake has decided to clamp down on the front tire and won't release...great.

One thing that made me feel a little better however, is the amount of people that stopped to see if I was okay and offer their help in fixing the piece of junk I was dragging with me. Even though I politely refused and assured them I would be okay, it was nice knowing that in the fucked up world we live in where crime, tragedy and basically negative shit dominates everything else, that some people actually give a fuck about someone else.

Maybe gestures like that really mean nothing and I make too much of it, or maybe I just appreciate them more, but we can all agree that everyone was more considerate of others the world wouldn't be as shitty as it is right now.

So next time a stranger opens a door for you, offers you a hand, anything, think about it.

Maybe some idiot will blog about it.

No comments: