Monday, November 8, 2010

Yeezy (and I love brackets)

Almost a month since I've posted anything. Oh well.

So Kanye West's new album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" drops on November 22nd. It will be in my hand before the sun goes down that day.

Just wondering what the cover is gonna look like...could be any of the following:











I personally like the 4th one the best, and I'm guessing the 5th one is the non-controversial Wal-Mart cover.

I got a chance to watch the movie for Runaway the other day. It's pretty long but I'd recommend you watch it.



A fellow Kanye fan and blogger (http://littlemind-bigthoughts.blogspot.com/) [It's 1000 times better than mine] asked me my thoughts about it.

My response was that I had no idea. There were times during it where I said "This is funny", "This is brilliant", "This is weird", "This is stupid".

I guess kudos to him for getting all those responses from me in under 35 minutes.

Say what you want about Mr. West, that's he's an arrogant prick, that he's the epitome of the word douchebag (he is), but you can't deny that he's a musical genius and you can't help but to nod your head to whatever idea falls out of his head.

808s and Heartbreak may have been disappointing to a lot of fans but I still think it was pretty underrated.

That being said, I'm glad he's turning off the auto-tune and slightly getting back to his earlier music.

I don't think this album will come close to College Dropout (one of the best hip hop albums of all time in my book) but since you pretty much hear the entire album in the Runaway film, you can tell that it's pretty dope.

So in celebration of his new album, I've stocked up my iPod with every single Kanye song I can find. Here's my favourite song by Kanye Omari:



"If my manager insults me again, I will be assaulting him. After I fuck the manager up, then I'm going to shorten the register up."

Don't tell me I'm not the only one who's sung that under my breath at work...

No comments: